When you use Aardvark News websites, various types of personally identifiable and non-personally identifiable information about you may become available or be purposefully collected by Aardvark News and third parties that provide site usage statistics services to us.
Aardvark News is committed to keeping such data confidential and does not seek to gather any personal information aside from that which allows us to provide you with a quality service, analyze the readability of our own content, and assess the functionality of our web and mobile products.
The person responsible for all acts of data processing in connection with the use of the Website (“Controller”) is Renka Gersen. You can contact her at renka(at)aardvark.news.
2. What information we collect
- Any information about yourself you choose to make public when commenting on an Aardvark News website
- Any information about yourself that you choose to disclose through an email sent to us
- Personal information that becomes available to us when you access our content or use our applications through third-party websites and platforms (e.g. social networks)
- Your IP address, as well as information about your browser, type of operating system, type of handheld or mobile device you are using to access Aardvark News websites
- Non-personally identifiable data collected by third parties gathering user-behaviour statistics on Aardvark News websites for us, which includes information about the location from which our websites are accessed and information about the content viewed.
Aardvark News websites may contain hyperlinks to websites owned and controlled by third parties. Please be advised that Aardvark News is not responsible or liable for the privacy policies of such web sources.
4.How we may use personal information
- To provide you our online content
- To personalize your Aardvark News experience
- To receive feedback from you and respond to it
- To contact you about anything you may submit to Aardvark News
- To analyse user behaviour in order to improve our web and mobile products
- To block attempts to disrupt the work of our websites
- To prevent violations of Aardvark News comment posting rules
We use appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect your personal data against accidental or intentional manipulation, loss, destruction or access by unauthorized persons. Our security procedures are continuously revised based on the latest technological developments.
Data on your use of our website will be stored in a cookie in order to retrieve it on a return visit to our website. In this way, we can identify you during a subsequent visit to our website and adjust our services to your exact needs.
7.Duration of storage
We only store your personal data until the particular purpose for which it was acquired is satisfied or as long as we are legally obliged to do so. Once the particular purpose ceases to exist, your personal data will be completely deleted.
8.Right to information and revocation
8.1. As a user of Aardvark News websites you have the right to request information on the kind and volume of data stored during your visit at any time.
8.2. On request, the information will be provided to you according to your interest concerning such information. This service is provided free of charge. Click here to send a data access request.
8.3. If you have further questions on data protection, our Data Protection Officer will assist you.
Please contact the Data Protection Officer: